Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Darn, missed again

These pesky speed intervals are giving me the runaround (no pun intended).

Once again this morning I hoped to do half a mile at 10.5 minute pace, half at 8.5 minute pace, and repeat for a total 5 miles. Again, I was slow for the first fast bit- although hopefully I hit the others (watch will confirm later). Excuses? Couldn't see the watch in the dark... had to cross a road... 2 walkers in the way. Darn.

The good news is, I think it's getting easier to hit my intended pace when I get daylight and a path free of obstacles. And I'm finding the recovery pace of 10.5 minutes just fine, which is great news because I think that's the speed I need to do for the San Jose half marathon on October 4th, if I'm to equal or beat my previous half marathon time of 2:21:58 (call it 2:19 as it wasn't chip timed).

Next week's plan is to do these intervals in the daylight on Labor Day - I'm going to hit all 5 of those 8.5s or die trying!!

Photo thanks: Lysanne Ooteman

1 comment:

  1. I track my progress on Nike plus. The funny thing is, I can also tell my speed based on my music choice. Slower songs I tend to go slower and faster songs I tend to go faster :) keep up the good work, sounds like your doing wonderful.

    I'm a runner too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin